Fall is officially upon us and we weren’t ready to let go of summer either… While some people love the gray, dreary weather, there are others who simply do not! This is for those of us who are not the biggest fans of “sweater weather”.
Tips for staying motivated through the fall:
1. Change the way you think about it! Every time your mind says “don’t get out from under the covers! It doesn’t even look like it’s day time out there anyways!” that is the moment you remind that little voice of how many times your favorite summer routine left you feeling nothing less than victorious. If you can see it as an added challenge to the best workout you have ever done, you will feel like a super hero after conquering the thing you hate the most- the gloom!
2. Dedicate yourself to a 30 day challenge! Most 30 day challenges are organized so that the participant can do the challenge anywhere at any time. For example, if you forget to do your 28 pushups in the morning, you can certainly squeeze those in at lunchtime or whenever you remember. By committing to a challenge, you are setting a goal every day and forcing yourself to get past the worst of the season. In the end of the day, the only person you’ll be letting down by not following through with your goal is yourself… And we know you don’t want to let yourself down, do you? That’s what we thought.
3. Get up, stand up! Science has proven that sitting at your desk for a solid 8-hours is basically the equivalent to physical torture on the back, hips, joints, and the human body in general. Standing rather than sitting is being referred to as the new “anti-aging” technique because of how many different ways it truly benefits the body. If you are working from home, put your laptop on the kitchen counter and work from there! If you get a phone call, stand up and take all phone calls standing! Find every excuse you possibly can to stand and guess how many more calories you’ll burn…. 50 EXTRA CALORIES PER HOUR! So, as Mr. Marley said best; get up! Stand up! Stand up for your right (to feel and look fantastic)!!
4. Put down the playlist! Stop listening to the music you downloaded, or the playlist you created based around the music you downloaded. Listen to something different for a change! With so many fantastic companies solely dedicated to providing you with not only the music you want to listen to, but also artists similar to your request, we highly suggest you change up the tunes! Let new music be the change you wish to see in your workout.
5. Pack it up! There are two steps to accomplishing your workout. Step 1. Getting all your workout gear together. Step 2. Actually working out. Why not make it a little easier on yourself? Pack up your gym bag and put you workout shoes by the front door every night. By making this 5 minute priority to put everything together, you are already telling yourself “I’m going to work out!” * BOOM * Half the battle is won!! We already know the worst person to disappoint is yourself; you don’t want to disappoint your running shoes too, now, right? Right.
6. Workout from home! Tae Bo® Fitness® has gone to great lengths to provided you with workouts you can literally do anywhere. Digital downloads make it so that you can purchase your video and watch it within a matter of minutes. With DVDs available for purchase, within a couple days you will have no excuse but to workout in your living room first thing in the morning.
Now that you have a few new tools to add to your toolbox, we want to know how you’re getting through the season! Post photos with @Official_TaeBo using the hashtag #TBNoExcuses
And remember, NO EXCUSES = NO REGRETS!